The Human Media Interaction (HMI) department of the University of Twente in the Netherlands and the Computer Graphics Society (CGS) are pleased to announce the 22nd Annual Conference on Computer Animation and Social Agents (CASA 2009) to be held on June 17-19, 2009 in "Het Trippenhuis", Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
CASA is the leading international conference in the field of computer animation and social agents. CASA 2009 will provide great opportunities to interact with leading experts, share your own work, and educate yourself through exposure to the research of your peers from around the world. In addition, make friends and experience wonderful Amsterdam. The conference venue is located on one of the famous canals of Amsterdam.
We are seeking regular full papers, short papers, and posters with the following topics, but which are not limited to:
All accepted full papers, about 35 of them, will be published, at the time of the conference, in a special issue of The Journal of Computer Animation and Virtual Worlds by Wiley. Short papers and posters will be published as CD or hardcopy proceedings with ISBN.
Important Dates are:
- Animation Techniques: Motion Control, Motion Capture and Retargeting, Path Planning, Physics based Animation, Image based Animation, Behavioral Animation, Artificial Life, Deformation, Facial Animation, Multi-Resolution and Multi-Scale Models, Knowledge-based Animation, Motion Synthesis;
- Social Agents: Social Agents and Avatars, Emotion and Personality, Virtual Humans, Autonomous Actors, AI based Animation, Social and Conversational Agents, Inter-Agent Communication, Social Behavior, Gesture Generation, Crowd Simulation;
- Other Related Topics: Animation Compression and Transmission, Semantics and Ontologies for Virtual Humans/Environments, Animation Analysis and Structuring, Anthropometric Virtual Human Models, Acquisition and
Reconstruction of Animation Data, Level of Details, Semantic
Representation of Motion and Animation, Medical Simulation, Cultural Heritage, Interaction for Virtual Humans, Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality, Computer Games and Online Virtual Worlds.
All deadlines are 11:59 PM GMT
|Full papers||Submission: February 10, 2009|
|Demo/video submission: February 12, 2009|
|Notification of acceptance: March 15, 2009|
|Camera ready: March 25, 2009|
|Short papers and Posters||Submission: March 22, 2009 (*)|
|Notification of acceptance: April 15, 2009|
|Camera/CD ready: May 10, 2009|
(*)NB: New:The submission of short papers and posters will be opened after the
"Full Papers notification of acceptance": March 15, 2009.
- Conference Chair: Anton Nijholt, University of Twente,
- Program Chairs: Nadia Magnenat-Thalmann, Mark Overmars and Scott King;
- Local Chairs: Arjan Egges, Herwin van Welbergen, Hendri Hondorp