Project Name: Speech Automatic Friendly Interface Research
December 31, 2003
December 31, 2007
Safir will create an innovative paradigm combining
The Safir project (official
project website) will give each citizen or user group an equal
oppotunity to access at any time and interactively existing up-to-date
egovernment information through easy devices such as TV, gsm, phone,
PDA,... from anywhere by usage of own voice in his daily language,
creating the demand for widespread use of braodband services to carry
high quantity Voice and Images data:
Voice & Graphics.
Imagine the citizen at anytime everywhere simply speaking to his
or GSM to request and fill egove forms and transactions...
These will be enriched through:
- Offer easy transaction access to both PC illiterate citizens and
special users like fire brigades, civil employees ... while on the
move e.g.: permit forms, adequate field reactions to hazards,
- Establish the techniques and procedures to have up-to-date data
to be used by the citizens amd the special users.
- Including multimodal automatic adaptations and preferences
- Enhancing data modeling and voice domains through ontology and
semantics in a multilingual enlarged Europe.
The results will be:
- Pilots: e.g.: mobile voice data capture to solve governmental
database reliability, Security and other citizens concerns, ...
- Integration of e-Learning modules
- The needed e-Work process redesign
- Software and Archtecture for auto adaptive easy to use multimodal
- Standards proposals and adaptations
- Link local linguistic rules with egov and epay applications for
interface's automatic creation
- Methodologies and procedures to allow specific classes of workers
(civil protection, police, regions, deciders, ...) to increase the
quality of data and services for people
- Early visible adopters for pan European deployment
Creating the pillars for a better non digitally divided
The consortium gathers technological world leaders, innovators in
their respective domains and local representative users whose tasks
are to develope user friendliness of this new paradigm.
Safir uses a strong management structure addressing all information
flow issues, catalyzing cross-fertilization while handling both the
financial and operational aspects with close monitoring of goals and
Imagine your life rescued, your permit granted fast, be never lost,
securing your rights and get JIT help ... thanks to Safir.
Safir is an Integrated Project funded by the Sixth Framework Progamme.
The project should start before the end of 2003 and will run for four
- Voice Insight SA/NV
- Marathon Data Systems
- Twente University
- Région Wallonne
- EC-DG JRC
- CCI Vratsa
- Vratsa District Administration
- Thales Communications
- envimax GmbH (BASF)
The following HMI-member(s) is/are coordinator of this Project
Franciska de Jong